Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TIGI® S-Factor™ Color Savvy™ Shampoo, Conditioner, & "Serious" Conditioner

TIGI® S-Factor™ "Serious" Conditioner has been my favorite go-to hair treatment product for several years now. And last year, I decided to try S-Factor™ Color Savvy™ Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner.


I initially used Color Savvy Shampoo and Conditioner for few days right after I colored my hair, but felt it wasn't moisturizing enough for my dry and damaged hair: so I went back to using my Fekkai products. The rising popularity of sulfate-free shampoos eventually made me give these products another try, and this time, I used it consistently for the past six months.


S-Factor™ Color Savvy™ Shampoo contains a scientific blend of ingredients especially suited for color treated hair. It's free of color stripping sulfate. With sulfate-free shampoos, people often complain about lack of lather. Bubbly lather is something people usually have to give up when using sulfate-free shampoos. However, with S-Factor Color Savvy Shampoo, you still get decent lather even though it's sulfate-free. Given, the lather isn't rich as the ones we are used to that contains sulfate, but it still beats a lot of sulfate-free shampoos out there that hardly lathers (keep in mind, lather doesn't equal cleanliness despite how it makes us feel). This shampoo effectively cleans without drying out hair. It's not as moisturizing as I would've liked, but it does prevent product build up so hair remains lightweight which make using a clarifying shampoo once in a while unnecessary.



S-Factor™ Color Savvy™ Moisturizing Conditioner definitely makes up for the shampoo's insufficiency in moisturizing. It replenishes moisture to your color treated hair while making hair silky soft without weighing down the hair. The combination of both products does help retain hair color longer than regular products, but not significantly better than other color treated hair products.


What I like the most about both products is the scent: it smells like a mix of strawberry, kiwi, tangerine, with a tropical fruity-ish note, and strangely enough, a bit of chemical-isn scent. You might wonder why I like a scent that has a chemical-ish tone... It's kind of like the scent of those fruity scented markers; the scent of marker (chemical-ish) is there but the fruity scent
is so heavenly that you can't help smelling it (can you relate or am I the only one that likes to sniff fruity
scented markers?). Despite the hint of chemical-marker-ish note, I find the Color Savvy Shampoo and Conditioner scent pleasant to the point of intoxicating! I can see some people not being too fond of the scent: especially those of you that don't like strong scents. I don't usually like strongly scented products, so thought I would get sick of this scent fast. But after using it consistently for six months, I still find the scent intoxicatingly addictive!


TIGI® S-Factor™ "SERIOUS" Conditioner is an intensive hair treatment product with sunflower seed oil and hydrolyzed silk that saved my dry and damaged hair at its worst. I've been using it for years and raved about it at least few times in my past You Tube videos. I never did an actual review on this product so I thought I would add it on here since I'm reviewing other products from the same line. This product also has a lovely scent (as do most TIGI brand products): this one smells like strawberry with hint of mint. The product itself is thick and creamy and it does an amazing job of moisturizing and silkifying the hair. It can be used weekly by leaving it on hair for 2-5 minutes, but for intensified results I like to use it biweekly and leave it on for 30 minutes or more. And to seriously deep condition the hair, and get super dramatic results, I massage it on semi-damp hair, put on a shower cap, leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour, and blow-dry on low to medium heat over the shower cap for few minutes. You get the best results by rinsing off with cold water which really helps to seal in hair cuticles. One thing I don't like about the Serious Conditioner is the packaging: when the product is almost done, it's impossible to get the rest of the product out without having to cut it open with scissors. And when you cut it open, you can get enough amount for 2-3 uses!


S-Factor Color Savvy Shampoo, Conditioner, and Serious Conditioner can be purchased at salons or professional hair products store. They can be bit pricy, but these products go a long way as they are concentrated and only small amount is sufficient per use. You can also try looking for these products online for better than salon or store prices.



xoxo
Lisa




       





4 comments:

  1. Does the serious conditioner contain a lot of silicon? ie. if dimethicone was the first few ingredients on the list.
    I've tried so many intensive treatments thinking that they've been working wonders for my hair but only to find that it was the Si coat making it smooth and wasn't really the hair getting healthier. ):
    YT: MsNyappy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the ingredients list for S Factor Serious Conditioner:
      Aqua (Water/Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Cetrimonium ChlorideTrideceth-12, Parfum (Fragrance), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI14700 (Red 4)

      Delete
    2. Wow didn't expect such a short ingredient list.
      Really helpful. THANKS! (:

      Delete
  2. msll07 i have always to try this brand but i am kind of cheap when it comes to hair care :) hehehe but the scent does sound very very good!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...