Thursday, January 15, 2015

Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultra Radiance Lifting Creme Makeup

Re-Nutriv is Estee Lauder's ultimate luxury line targeted more towards mature skin. With use of Multi-patened Contour Lifting Technologies and precious micro-fine gems, this line promises to provide intense hydration, 'lifting,' as well as array of anti-aging benefits. 

Estee Lauder released Re-Nutriv Ultra Radiance Liftng Creme Makeup with SPF 15 PA++ (as well as the liquid foundation version) in Fall of 2014. This one is different from Estee Lauder Ultimate Radiance Makeup, same idea but better. I've been wanting to try a 'serum foundation' which seems to be gaining popularity lately. The idea of getting anti-aging serum benefits from a foundation is definitely intriguing. For me, it was a toss-up between YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation and this Estee Lauder one; they both promise anti-aging serum benefits and 'lifting.' I decided to go with Estee Lauder because I like the idea of extra moisturization of cream foundation for winter.


This is unlike any cream foundation I've tried before. I expected a rich cream foundation, but this has oily soufflé-like texture that feel light but intensely moisturising on the skin. It almost feels like a thick liquid foundation. It gives a medium coverage with radiant finish suitable for normal to dry skin. It's also easily blend-able with build-able coverage.


The finish of this foundation is beautiful! At first, when the soufflé-like texture was applied on my skin, I thought it felt a bit greasy. But, as I finished my foundation application, the greasiness was gone, and my skin was left with luminescent satin like finish! So just as some serums or dry oils may feel oily at first but quickly get absorbed as your skin drinks it in, this works in the same way; with the added moisturization quality of cream to lock in the anti-aging serum benefits.

After using this foundation for about two months; using it in combination with the  Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Radiant UV Base, and also with Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Age-Correction Creme and Eye Creme for the first month, I did notice skin density and dryness improvements. The 'lifting' effect was somewhat noticeable but not significant. Using this foundation in combination with other Re-Nutriv products definitely improved overall quality of my skin.


Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultra Radiance Lifting Creme Makeup comes with 12 color choices, which is two more than YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation. And, it's also one of the most pricy base makeup products at department stores.

I tried the brush that came with the foundation. I don't like it. It applies with streaks, and it's just too much work to use that small stiff brush to blend, blend, and blend to get rid of all the streaks. For fuller coverage, using fingers work best especially for extremely dry skin. And that will also give the most moisturising application. For a lighter satin finish, combination of foundation brush and beauty blender works best. Even for dry skin, if you don't want to set your foundation with a finishing powder, using a damp beauty blender for application gives a beautiful lighter semi-matte finish.

Another downside is that packaging is impractical. The consistency of this cream foundation isn't so thick and creamy that it has to be packaged in this jar! I wish it came in pump bottle, or perhaps  even just bottle so that I can pour out the content and not have to dip my finger in the jar. Or, at the least, a scooper would've been more practical than the brush it came with...

Aside from the poor packaging and the brush, this has become my favorite winter foundation! You know how after a spa facial, your makeup just goes on better, and you get that healthy glow? That's what this product does for my skin. It gives my my skin that "I just had a facial" glow. It doesn't accentuate fine lines, or dryness that I often feel in winter. It feels comfortable on the skin even out in cold windy weather. However, for warmer weather, I don't think this would work for me unless my skin is extremely dry. This one is definitely for dry skin, or normal skin during Fall/Winter.

PROS:
serum-like anti-aging benefits
combats dry skin/ winter weather
very moisturising but NOT oily
souffle-like light texture
luminescent satin finish
medium+ buildable coverage

CONS:
terrible packaging
the brush is useless

AVAILABLE AT:
at most department store Estee Lauder counter


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...