Friday, September 3, 2010

MAC Fabulous Felines

I’ve been trying hard to hold on buying MAC products until mid Oct 2010 when I’ll be able to get discount from MAC but I couldn’t resist picking up few of the limited edition items from the Fabulous Felines collection!
So here’s  pics of what I got:
blogpic 021 blogpic 034

What drew me the most to this collection were the Superslick Liquid Eye Liners. There were several very pretty and intense colored liners but I decided to pick up the silver one (Nocturnal) and the purple one (Smoky Heir). These liquid liners are water based and supposed to be water resistant and dry within 15 sections after applying. They are water resistant (not waterproof!) and gives a very pigmented slick sexy line but I don’t think they dry in 15 seconds! It takes more like 30-45 seconds to dry in my opinion. So make sure you don’t fully open your eyes after applying this liner, or  you will get liner marks on your eye lid!lol But overall, I’m glad I bought these liners. They are long lasting and some of the colors are unique. I was told that some of these liners will be in MAC’s permanent collection so maybe I’ll try out the black one later on in the permanent collection…
There were 3 sets of eyeshadow quads in this collection but I only picked up one called Burmese Beauty. This is my first quad in MAC’s new packaging and I feel like I prefer their old quad packaging. The new one is unnecessarily thick and chunky…My favorite color from this quad is Burmese Beauty (luster) which is a pretty brown with green iridescence. This color reminds me of MAC eyeshadow color called Club. Because of the duo chrome effect of Burmese Beauty this color can be used on its own to create effortless eyeshadow look without much effort!!
I picked up one of the mineralized blush called Pet Me; it’s a rosy pink color blush with very fine and faint multicolor shimmers.  It gives off a very sheer wearable pinky rosy glow to cheeks:)
blogpic 032 blogpic 024


blogpic 026 blogpic 028

xoxo
Lisa/ channelesque


www.youtube.com/channesleque
www.twitter.com/channesque

7 comments:

  1. I too have my eye on the Burmese Quad, looks lovely. I don't really like the new quad packaging either, but what can you do :-P Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! i liked all the things you picked up, i still have check the whole colection ^^

    Most of the times when they say how quick it dries it's a lie! xD

    i prefer when it only says quick drying, because if they say a time i want to only wait that much xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burmese Beauty quad looks awesome.. I think MAC have a pigment that's brown with green shimmers... lol I think I might have it.. let me check and tell you what it's called.

    Mandy


    (I know.. shameless)
    froogaldiva.blogspot.com
    voonnyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great haul Lisa!! i so wanna buy Pet me blush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burmese quad looks pretty! I think I need to get one too! I got the leopard lux instead thou! :) great haul girl :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MM (Mandy):
    I think I have the MAC pigment you're talking about..lol The one called "Blue Brown?" That also has duo-chrome color of brown and blue-green..very similar to Burmese Beauty and Club e/s from MAC..

    xox
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. that quad looks gorgeous. and when did mac start packaging their quads like that? i like it.

    and, as cheeky as this is, i just started my own blog and i'd be really grateful if you could check it out :)

    http://thebeautyengineer.blogspot.com/

    (there'll be more posts coming soon obv :P)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...